Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ramblings of this Mind...

Life is so darn busy. Today I am just going to jot down a few random thoughts that are racing around in my head...

Bob is working this week. He works seven ten hour days in a row. That alone is a doozy. Then, in theory, he would have seven days off. But in our case, he must work overtime to make ends meet. So then on his "OFF" week he will usually pick up anywhere from 8-24 hours. Sometimes this is tiring for me, so I can't even begin to imagine how he feels...But like a good husband and father, he just keeps on keeping on. No complaints. Gotta love him.

I will be starting training for a part time temporary position with the Census Bureau in just a couple of weeks. This, in addition to my regular job at "You're Special Hair Salon", and Friday mornings at Cedar Grove Gardens. Somewhere, I need to squeeze in time to enjoy the kids, get housework done, nurture a relationship with my hubby, and just relax. Crazy? Yes. Possible? Absolutely!

On Monday I have the awesome opportunity to attend a work education day in Green Bay at the Ramada. I am going with Pam and Lois, two co-workers, who are fossils in the field of hair styling, just like myself. And all three of us are truly blessed with the gift of imagination, precision, and small talk! That is how we have stayed successful in our business for 29 years +! The morning class is an up-do class in celebration of the upcoming prom season. The afternoon will be spent learning new trends in cutting. I am truly excited to spend my Monday learning with two great friends and stylists!

This past month, ending with next week, I have been on jury duty. I have not been called to serve, as all but one trial was settled out of court. And I was not on the list of "preferred" jurors that needed to report for the case that would go to trial. Not too difficult for a month's worth of community service!

Last Wednesday I was able to attend our Parent Grow Bible Study at Open Door Bible Church in Port Washington. Amazing! Our topic for the night was about handling discipline without judgment and condemnation. I always come away from this study with either some new ideas, and/or a new way of thinking about everyday situations. Thank you Seth for teaching, sharing and laughing with us!

Just a quick update on my family:

- Noel has been practicing her driving. At this point I am looking forward to the day she has her license. She is attentive and careful at the wheel. Also, she has been making some beaded bracelets called Kandy. I love to see her spend her down time doing something creative. Tonight she made tacos for supper for the family. My thrifty daughter also found a dress for prom for just $21 at Boston Store! Yay Noel! Special thanks to Char Grover for having the fortitude to chauffeur the girls around, and the patience to help them choose!

- Christian is loving this wonderful spring weather. He is busy riding his bike, working at the de Master farm, and attending a tractor driving class at LTC on Saturdays. He is a bundle of energy, and his voice is now lower than his dads. The kid can always make me laugh. Always. Even when I don't want to. Funny boy!

- Michael is waiting to come home from Iraq. I will be sending about 15 phone cards his way in a few days thanks to our Cookie Lee Jewelry Lady, Kathy, who donated her profits for the months of November and December to provide encouragement for our troops. The first month she donated $100, and I was able to purchase 20 movies for Michael to distribute to his cohorts for Christmas entertainment. People are amazingly considerate and helpful when it comes to our military. Thanks Kathy Balge! If you would like to take a peek at this great jewelry visit http://www.cookielee.com/home.aspx

- Bob has a meeting with his counselor at MATC to continue his Respiratory Therapy classes. Due to a lack of funds, he took the last semester off. But we are back on track, and he is eager to get going. I applaud him for his tireless efforts! I also applaud me for my tireless efforts.


I have been blessed these past two months to watch my grandson grow and change. He is adorable. Just thinking of him makes me smile! My heart wants to burst with the wonder of it all. The only thing that could make this experience better would be to have Michael home.

So that is all for now. Nothing too inspirational. Just a few ramblings from my computer to yours.

In closing, I will quote my daughter Noel:

Live Life. Love God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased that you have taken the time to read my blog. It would mean the world to me if you would leave a comment! Thanks so much!

Toni

Christian

Christian

Michael and Kayla

Michael and Kayla
Learning About Love

Foot Work

Foot Work

Lucas Lee

Lucas and his mom, my sister, Rena

The Newlyweds!

The Newlyweds!

My Asian Lillies

My Asian Lillies

A Work in Progress

A Work in Progress

Pot of Pansies

Pot of Pansies

Behind the Garage

Behind the Garage

More lillies

More lillies