Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In Anticipation of Baby Boy Schommer

My heart is beating with hard irregular beats. I am agitated during the day, and not getting good sleep at night. I can't seem to keep my focus on anything. This sounds to me like a dreaded terminal illness. In reality, it is just a case of anxiety and excitement over the birth of my first grandchild.

I can tell already that being a grandma is whole new territory. I am enthusiastic to the point of absurdity. I can't wait to meet this new addition to our family, can't wait to hold him, can't wait to feel the warmth of his little body. This boy is loved with a passion even before his worldly appearance. My expectations are dreamlike!

Now you can also consider the fact that my son, the baby's Daddy, is home on American soil. He has been on deployment in Iraq for six months, and will return to Camp Taji on March 1, 2010 to finish up his year. The contentment of having him home is beyond description! There is much satisfaction in watching my two sons wrestle, or witnessing actual warmth and communication between my soldier-son and my daughter. Sibling harmony is amazing when it actually happens! Not to mention how it warms this mother's heart!

More importantly, I am also taking enormous delight in watching my son and his wife be together. I love to see them touch, smile and even bicker with one another. It brings a normalcy to this situation that gives me great comfort. Young love is a joy to behold, and I am drinking it in like a parched soul.

I am blessed to be the recipient of such exhilaration and satisfaction. My cup overflows. I can hardly wait for the surprises that the future holds! Thank you God! I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased that you have taken the time to read my blog. It would mean the world to me if you would leave a comment! Thanks so much!

Toni

Christian

Christian

Michael and Kayla

Michael and Kayla
Learning About Love

Foot Work

Foot Work

Lucas Lee

Lucas and his mom, my sister, Rena

The Newlyweds!

The Newlyweds!

My Asian Lillies

My Asian Lillies

A Work in Progress

A Work in Progress

Pot of Pansies

Pot of Pansies

Behind the Garage

Behind the Garage

More lillies

More lillies