Friday, August 21, 2009

What Do You Believe?

A pastor friend of mine stated, in a very public forum, that I need to "seriously figure out what I believe". Wow. Those are very stern words, a very direct statement, that deserves an answer. So bear with me as I verbalize on my life beliefs.

First and foremost, I am a Christian, through His grace and His work in me, which is not yet completed. God is daily growing me, and He has plans and purpose for my life.

What does it mean, to me, to be a Christian? I have been chosen by God to be His child. God created me, His only son Jesus redeemed me with His very life on the cross, and the Holy Spirit is the mover and shaker in my life, granting me daily with the gift of faith. I am truly blessed.

I believe that I am a sinner, and that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Only through Him will I spend eternity in heaven. It is a daily joy to know that I will one day see my Savior's face!

I love to share the Word with anyone who is willing to listen, and I pray that each day I am living a life that tells others that I am striving to please God. I also know that I repeatedly fall short of this goal, but my loving Lord always gives me another chance. I can hope for no greater gift than for Jesus to choose me as His vessel, that He will use me to touch someone's life or give someone His hope. I see God at work in my life in the bad times, good days, and forgettable moments.

I am not special. I am saved. This is the personal story of believers everywhere. God offers this promise to each living person. Our loving Father wants us ALL to abide in his love. He freely offers what money cannot buy - Eternity with Him. I am going to pray on these things tonight, thanks to my friend in Christ who cared enough to ask.



John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


Galatians 6:14
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased that you have taken the time to read my blog. It would mean the world to me if you would leave a comment! Thanks so much!

Toni

Christian

Christian

Michael and Kayla

Michael and Kayla
Learning About Love

Foot Work

Foot Work

Lucas Lee

Lucas and his mom, my sister, Rena

The Newlyweds!

The Newlyweds!

My Asian Lillies

My Asian Lillies

A Work in Progress

A Work in Progress

Pot of Pansies

Pot of Pansies

Behind the Garage

Behind the Garage

More lillies

More lillies